Rail Nation DC - 2019 Advocacy Summit, Day on The Hill & Congressional Reception - April 2019
Click On The Links Below For The Presentations, Videos, Photos And Other Materials From This Event!
Monday, April 1:
Session Opening Speakers -
- Chris Zappi - Director Host Railroads - Amtrak - Presentation - Video of Session
- Roger Harris - Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer - Amtrak - Presentation - Video of Session
'Investments, Not Subsidies: How American Long-Distance Trains Make Money' -
- Abe Zumwalt - Director Of Policy Research - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation - Video of Session
'No Schedules: Regional Rail and the Future of American Passenger Trains' - Video of Session Pending
- Peter Brassard - Chair of the Rhode Island Association of Rail Passengers & TransitMatters Member - No Presentation
- D.W. Rowlands - Greater Greater Washington - No Presentation
- T. R. Hickey - Chief Development Officer - Virginia Railway Express - Presentation
- Bruce Becker - Vice-President Operations - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation
Lunch Keynote Address -
- Kenneth Hylander - Executive Vice President and Chief Safety Officer - Amtrak - Presentation
'The View from the Hill: Infrastructure and the 116th Congress'
- Kristine O’Brien - Director of Outreach & Member Services – House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure - No Presentation
- Alison Graab - Deputy Policy Director - U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation - Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety - No Presentation
'Rail Passengers’ 2019 Ask Explained'
- Sean Jeans-Gail - Vice-President Policy - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation - Video of Session
'How to Sell Trains to Your Member of Congress'
- Mike Friedberg - Partner - Holland and Knight - No Presentation
'What Can Passengers Do?: Advocacy Strategies That Really Work'
- Bruce Ashton - Texas Advocate - No Presentation
- Sasha Ivanoff - New York State Advocate - No Presentation
'Switzerland - A Rail Travel Paradise'
Wednesday, April 3
Peter LeCody - Chairman - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation
Routes & Schedules Committee Report
Steve Musen - Committee Chair - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation
Customer Experience Committee Report
Carolyn Cokley - Director Customer Advisory Services - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation
Equipment Committee Report
Dick Bruss - Committee Chair - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation
'National Passenger Rail Policy'
Association Event Report
Bruce Becker - Vice-President Operations - Rail Passengers Association - Presentation
Photo Albums From The Event:
- General Meetings - Sunday, Monday & Wednesday
- Beer & Transit Networking Mixer - Monday Evening
- Congressional Reception - Tuesday Evening
- Quilts On Display To Benefit The Jim Hamre Memorial Scholarship Fund
ALL Photos Taken By Rail Passengers' Carolyn Cokley - Non-Commercial Use Permitted When Proper Credit Is Given
"The National Association of Railroad Passengers has done yeoman work over the years and in fact if it weren’t for NARP, I'd be surprised if Amtrak were still in possession of as a large a network as they have. So they've done good work, they're very good on the factual case."
Robert Gallamore, Director of Transportation Center at Northwestern University and former Federal Railroad Administration official, Director of Transportation Center at Northwestern University
November 17, 2005, on The Leonard Lopate Show (with guest host Chris Bannon), WNYC New York.