Your source for all the latest passenger rail and transit news!
Your daily source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Contest: Your View from the Train
- The Trump Budget Strikes Back! (UPDATE)
- SEPTEMBER 12th HEARING ON TRAIN DELAYS - Arm NARP's President Jim Mathews With Your Stories!
- Clock's Ticking: tell Congress to pass a transportation budget before time runs out!
NARP publishes 11 editions of the NARP News annually, with in-depth stories on political developments, our members' advocacy work, and regional development of passenger trains. NARP News is available only to NARP members.
An archive of press releases, Congress-ional statements, letters to officials, and written testimony.
- Rail Passengers Petition Supreme Court to Review Case Involving On-Time Performance Standards
- Written Testimony of Jim Mathews to the STB Regarding CSX Rail Service Issues
- Economic Report: Killing Amtrak Would Cost U.S. Billions, Hurt Rural Americans
- NARP Issues Statement on June 27 Amtrak Accident
Your weekly source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Hotline #1,043: Thanksgiving Edition; Nearly 90 Percent of Transit Measures Pass; New Amtrak Cascades Locomotives Enter Service; Trump Promises Infrastructure Bill
- Hotline #1,042: Amtrak Announces New Repairs at NY Penn Station; Legislation Targeted Against Brightline Moves Forward, SMART Looks To Connect With Amtrak
- Hotline #1,041: NARP Petitions Supreme Court for Better On-Time Performance; Westmoreland Approved by Senate for Amtrak Board; OKC to South Texas PAX Line Possible; BART Trains Fail Inspection
- Hotline #1,040: RailNation Chicago Begins; Amtrak Service in Roanoke Returns; HSR From Seattle to Vancouver To Attract 1.8 Million Riders; Amtrak Could Face Delays Due to Degraded Rail Ties