Your source for all the latest passenger rail and transit news!
Your daily source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Congress Adjourns for Summer Break With Hearings on Amtrak and High-Speed Rail
- California High Speed Rail: Let's Talk Facts
- Calling all Cyclists! Help launch Summer by Rail in New York Penn Station - this Sunday!
- ACTION ALERT: Passengers Seize the Momentum in the Senate
NARP publishes 11 editions of the NARP News annually, with in-depth stories on political developments, our members' advocacy work, and regional development of passenger trains. NARP News is available only to NARP members.
An archive of press releases, Congress-ional statements, letters to officials, and written testimony.
- Summer Intern Completes 10,000-Mile, 38-Day Journey By Rail Across The U.S.
- New York’s Aging Hudson Tunnels Represent Catastrophic “Single Point-of-Failure” To US Economy
- NARP Issues Statement to Surface Transportation Board on Texas Central Initiative
- Statement from NARP’s Jim Mathews on NTSB’s Findings for Amtrak Train 188
Your weekly source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Hotline #973: USDOT Opens New Bureau; FRA Examines Rail Opportunities in Texas and New England; Lawmakers Push For TSA To Implement Safety Protocols
- Hotline #972: Congress Adjourns for Summer Break with Hearings on Amtrak and High-Speed Rail; Train Operator Screening Test Rule Coming in Weeks; High-Speed Rail in CA Toured
- Hotline #971: SEPTA Removes 120 Cars from Service; new Pueblo stop would mean $1.45 million in new revenue for Amtrak’s Southwest Chief; VA Receives FASTLANE Grant of $165 Million
- Hotline #970: High-Speed Rail Moves Forward in U.S.; NJ Transit Reaches Deal with Unions; Amtrak Opens “Metropolitan Lounge” at Chicago Union Station