Your source for all the latest passenger rail and transit news!
Your daily source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Clock's Ticking: tell Congress to pass a transportation budget before time runs out!
- Transportation, Amtrak Budget Gains Steam in Senate
- House Appropriations Committee Moves Transportation, Amtrak Funding Bill to Full House
- House GOP Appropriators Reject White House Proposal to Slash Amtrak Service
NARP publishes 11 editions of the NARP News annually, with in-depth stories on political developments, our members' advocacy work, and regional development of passenger trains. NARP News is available only to NARP members.
An archive of press releases, Congress-ional statements, letters to officials, and written testimony.
- NARP Issues Statement on June 27 Amtrak Accident
- NARP Welcomes Richard Anderson as Amtrak President and CEO
- White House Budget Will Kill Amtrak Service
- Rail Passengers Sends Two Interns on Cross-Country Trip by Train + Bike
Your weekly source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Hotline #1,028: Infrastructure Borrowing Drops; FRA Issues New Bids For Service Operators; Brightline Service To Begin By End Of Year; Amtrak Offers Service To Total Eclipse
- Hotline #1,027: WH Reaffirms Commitment To Infrastructure; CAHSR Opens Fresno Bridge; #SummerByRail Launched July 31; Amtrak and Lyft Partner Up
- Hotline #1,026: Senate Committee Approves Budget; MTA Announces Two-Phase Stabilization Plan; Trump Creates Advisory Council; #SummerByRail Kicks Off Monday
- Hotline #1,025: House Appropriations Committee Advances Transportation Bill; FRA Presents Gulf Coast Recommendations; H. W. Bush Wishes to Ride Texas HSR