Your source for all the latest passenger rail and transit news!
Your daily source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- The Trump Budget Strikes Back! (UPDATE)
- SEPTEMBER 12th HEARING ON TRAIN DELAYS - Arm NARP's President Jim Mathews With Your Stories!
- Clock's Ticking: tell Congress to pass a transportation budget before time runs out!
- Transportation, Amtrak Budget Gains Steam in Senate
NARP publishes 11 editions of the NARP News annually, with in-depth stories on political developments, our members' advocacy work, and regional development of passenger trains. NARP News is available only to NARP members.
An archive of press releases, Congress-ional statements, letters to officials, and written testimony.
- Written Testimony of Jim Mathews to the STB Regarding CSX Rail Service Issues
- Economic Report: Killing Amtrak Would Cost U.S. Billions, Hurt Rural Americans
- NARP Issues Statement on June 27 Amtrak Accident
- NARP Welcomes Richard Anderson as Amtrak President and CEO
Your weekly source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Hotline #1,037: NARP Speaks on STB Hearing; Amtrak Knew of Failures at Penn Station; LA Metro Releases Kindness Campaign; Rick Harnish of MWHSR to Moderate RailNation Session
- Hotline #1,036: Mathews - Don’t Cut Trains, Invest in Them; Amtrak is “Ready to Build”; Lawmakers Meet on Infrastructure Plan; Brightline Receives Environmental Permit
- Hotline #1,035: NARP “Rally For Trains” Economic Report Demonstrates Disparities; USDOT Proposes Ease of Environmental Review; Adirondack Scenic Railroad Wins Court Ruling; Brightline to Receive New Train Set
- Hotline #1,034: House Passes Appropriations Act to Support Amtrak; NARP Gears Up To Celebrate 50 Years; Purple Line Moves Forward In Construction Process