Your source for all the latest passenger rail and transit news!
Your daily source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Congress Passes Short-Term Budget & Amtrak Border Bill Before Adjourning for the 2016
- Taking stock of the Presidential transition during the Thanksgiving break
- NARP's New Video Features One of America's Most Famous Rail Passengers
- New Report Highlights 10-Year Safety Trend in Freight and Passenger Rail
NARP publishes 11 editions of the NARP News annually, with in-depth stories on political developments, our members' advocacy work, and regional development of passenger trains. NARP News is available only to NARP members.
An archive of press releases, Congress-ional statements, letters to officials, and written testimony.
- U.S. DOT Issues 30-Year Investment Blueprint for Critical Passenger Rail Corridor
- NARP Keeps Up Legal Fight for On-Time Performance
- Intern for NARP this summer, and we’ll make your ultimate train trip a reality
- Chao Nominated as Transportation Secretary; Rail Passengers Look to Partner on Building A Connected America
Your weekly source of fresh takes on news affecting America's passengers.
- Hotline #998: Appointed DOT Head supports enhancing private-public partnerships; Chicago awarded $1 Billion grant for track improvements; SMART offering free rides through July 4; Florida rail service Brighline reveals new trains; Vice President “Amtrak
- Hotline #997: Southern Republicans favor Gulf Coast Train Line; Big Boost for Los Angeles Rail Transit; Ski Train Back in Action; NARP Updated On New Single-Level Amtrak Cars; Members Offer Input To FRA Southeastern Rail Study
- Hotline #996: TEX Rail Receives $500 Million Transit Grant, FRA Plan Includes ReRouting in Maryland; FRA Issues Nearly $16 Million in Civil Penalties
- Hotline #995: FRA Awards Grants for Gulf Coast Stations; Boy Scouts Support Amtrak Cardinal; CHSRA Begins Search For Train Operator