NARP Membership Benefits - Terms & Conditions
You will not receive a NARP membership number, which is required for making Amtrak reservations using the NARP discount, immediately upon confirmation of payment for your membership. You may log in immediately to get electronic membership cards—which contains your membership number—and request that they be emailed to you. Otherwise, please allow 4 - 6 weeks to receive your welcome packet with your membership card(s) by US Mail. If you have no email address and need your membership number immediately, please call NARP at 202-408-8362 during business hours (9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday-Friday, except federal holidays).
NARP members are entitled to a 10% discount on the most Amtrak rail fares, subject to the following conditions--
- Reservation must be made or altered at least 3 days in advance of the departure day of each trip segment. For example, if the departure time is 11:00 PM on a Friday, discounted reservations may be made until 12:00 midnight Wednesday (i.e. Tuesday night).
- Applies only to the “rail fare.” Does not apply to additional “accommodation charges” for Premium fares -- sleeping car, First class, and Business class (except weekend Acela Express).
- The NARP discount cannot be combined with the Senior, Child, Infant or Military discount, nor with any other discount program (such as AAA, Student Advantage, Veterans' Advantage, ISIC, ten-trip or monthly passes, or USA Rail Passes).
- On Auto Train, good only for the passenger rail fare (not the vehicle charge or sleeper accommodation charge). Seniors (62+): Your 15% Senior discount is not valid on the Auto Train, but the 10% NARP discount is valid!
- The discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express service. It is only valid for Business Class tickets on weekend Acela Express trains.
- The discount is valid on Amtrak’s Northeast Regional service between Newport News/Richmond, Washington, Philadelphia, New York and Boston/Springfield every day, except for "Saver" fares: the lowest available fare ($49.00 one-way from Washington to New York, for example). When "NARP" is selected as the Passenger Type, "Saver" fares will not be displayed.
- The NARP discount cannot be combined with any special or promotional fare or promotion code (including "Saver" fares discussed above).
- The NARP discount cannot be used on Canadian portion of the New York-Toronto Maple Leaf, which is operated by VIA Rail Canada between Niagara Falls, ON and Toronto, nor on some Thruway bus routes. It CAN, however, be used to or from Montreal or Vancouver, BC.
- NARP members should identify themselves as such when booking a ticket, and must carry a current, valid NARP membership card when paying for tickets in person and while traveling. Each passenger must be in the possession of and present upon request a valid membership card with his or her name on it.
Amtrak Guest Rewards®
If you are an Amtrak Guest Rewards® member, you will earn points for paying your NARP membership dues or making special contributions to NARP. You may redeem your points for free Amtrak travel, hotel stays, car rentals, gift cards, and more. Simply enter your Amtrak Guest Rewards number in the designated field.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for points to post to your account. All Amtrak Guest Rewards® terms and conditions apply.
You must be signed-up for the Amtrak Guest Rewards program and have received your AGR number prior to signing up for a NARP membership. You can join today, free of charge, by clicking here.
NARP Membership Levels
|Membership Level||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate||AGR Points||# Of Accounts|
|Family||$60||$5||350||Up To 4|
|Sustaining||$125||$10||750||Up To 5|
|Advocate Silver||$250||$25||2,000||Up To 5|
|Advocate Gold||$500||$45||3,500||Up To 6|
|Silver Rail Society||$1,000||$85||7,500||Up To 8|