NARP Houston-Area Meeting
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Starting at 11:00am
Saltgrass Steakhouse, 8943 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX (South Side of I-10 - 2 Blocks East Of Campbell)
The meeting is open to all, with lunch on your own – individual pay...
- FIELD UPDATES
- Tom Compson: Metro, Houston Tomorrow & similar
- Zack Hamburg: Website, SE Texas Press Release Media Contacts, Texas Central
- Andrew Lodriguss: Louisiana
- Irv Smith: Internal E-mail List, H-GAC
- Bill Wilson: Houston Meetings Arrangements
- Dan Pugh: Flatonia Pavilion Party
- RESPONSE TO TxDOT RAIL DIVISION ADOPTED PLAN proposing to make Sunset Limited daily, but suspending the route west of San Antonio and eliminating all sleeping cars and dining car. Consider asking NARP National for written resolution of support blocking this at NARP semi-annual conference in Chicago in November.
- TxDOT DISTRICT ENGINEER liaison appointment as a possible route to changing Rail Division plan
- OTHER NEW CHAPTER PRIORITIES: TEXAS CENTRAL BLOCKING LEGISLATION; AMTRAK NATIONAL FUNDING. (asking membership to endorse recent Executive Committee response to current events)
- "WELCOME TO HOUSTON" HANDOUT STATUS & INVITATION TO CREATE AMTRAK STATION HOST PROGRAM
- SPECIAL GUEST INVITATION FOR JULY MEETING?
Please plan to join us.