Written by Super User
Category: Get Involved
Beyond basic membership, here are 5 more ways you can help extend the National Association of Railroad Passenger's (NARP) mission of working for a modern, customer-focused national passenger train network that provides a travel choice Americans want.
- Donate your old car to NARP! Call 1-855-NARP-CAR (855-627-7227) any time, 7 days a week, or go online to arrange for a free pickup of your unwanted vehicle (SUVs, vans and pickups also accepted). The proceeds of the sale of the car or its parts will go directly to NARP’s work to give people better travel choices. Click here for the (still growing) list of states where car donations are currently accepted.
- Exercise Your “Will” Power…include NARP in your planned giving. You can help support work for passenger trains by naming the National Association of Railroad Passengers in your will. Bequests enable friends of NARP to underwrite the organization’s future work.
- Gifts of Stock or from an IRA: a gift of stock or a gift from an individual retirement account (IRA) is an easy way of making a contribution that can have tax advantages for you, providing you with significant tax savings by avoiding capital gains on appreciated securities. Find out more about donating stock, or how to contribute from your IRA by contacting the NARP office at (202) 408 8362 or emailing
- Donate to NARP online, using our secured membership vendor website, Donor Perfect. Special contributions help make our work possible!
- Give the gift of NARP membership. It makes a great gift! Remember—NARP membership entitles your gift recipient to a 10% discount on most Amtrak travel!
Earn two Amtrak Guest Rewards® points for each dollar donated to NARP! Points are redeemable for free Amtrak travel and more. Simply provide your Amtrak Guest Rewards number in the appropriate field and allow 4 to 6 weeks for points to post to your account. All Amtrak Guest Rewards terms and conditions apply. Not an Amtrak Guest Rewards Member? Click here to join free of charge.
Plus, if you donate $125.00 or greater, we'll send you this limited-edition NARP logo jacket. Simply check the box on the online donation form and select your size (Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large), or donate by phone by calling (202) 408-8362.
NARP is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Dues and contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Recognizing our Most Generous Donors:
Major Donors (lifetime giving total of $25,000 or more)
Heritage Circle (those who have included NARP in their wills)
Silver Rails Society (giving total of $1,000 or more in a calendar year)